Tuesday, March 11, 2008

this is for my mamma

One of my favorite things about youtube is that I can find clips of old children's shows I used to watch and regional PSAs. I recently stumbled upon this Sesame Street gem. I still get the ditty in my head every once in a while, and my mother swears that whenever she needs to pick up three things at the grocery store, all she has to do is sing it in her head and she remembers. A handy mnemonic device. Watching it again, I'm really interested in the styling of the mother - do rag, apron, fancy shoes. Also, I wonder how many kids are sent solo on errands like this these days. Finally, doesn't it make you miss hand drawn animation? Watch and tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is great! I haven't seen it in ages. Very sweet. Thinking of you, and thanks--Mamma

Megan Savage said...

Thanks for your first comment ever! My mamma rocks.