Friday, November 10, 2006

"it's all right to feel things, though the feelings may be strange"

I wonder to what extent (my language is so inflected by teaching comp) my life as it is now could fit into the narratives of "Free to Be You and Me."

Tonight the MFA band (including dear housemate o' mine) is playing a party and I am obliged to go and cheer for them. I'm actually excited about it, though I've been feeling pretty anti-party lately. I need to practice guitar so I can some day appear with them.

All the leaves have dried up in the last week and the trees are shedding rapidly. It's as though Bloomington said, oh yeah, it's November, better get barren. Except that it's been very warm. The temperature in my house is so much cooler that I keep feeling tricked when I open the door.

I met our non-regular (subbing on days off) mailman today. I always love meeting the mailman because of my dad, and also because it's nice to know the face of the person who stops by your house every day. He was super nice, as is the regular carrier. I want to make them baked goods. Can't forget to leave the holiday card out this year.

Some hopeful news on the IR front regarding solicitations. Keeping fingers crossed.

No comments: