Sunday, May 25, 2008

though i said i'd go before us and show the way back home

Vanessa is leaving tomorrow morning. I've been cleaning all weekend, except for a few hours late night during which we had a spectacular meal at Restaurant Tallent, the local haute cuisine slow food organic food restaurant. Pictures of our meals as soon as I dump my camera's contents into my computer, but let me just say that it included a strawberry rosewater "milkshake." Afterwards we saw the new Indiana Jones, which was campy in all the right ways and thoroughly enjoyable. That spitfire Karen Allen was so much fun and we agreed that Cate Blanchett can do no wrong.

So now I'm bleached out and exhausted and listening to the 4-hour mix I made for V's road trip. My house is an echo chamber with the furniture gone. My library and bedroom are full of everything I own. Leaving has become at once quite real and quite unfathomable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My motel in Buffalo a) has no HBO and b) is right next to the train tracks. Got me some high-rollin', whistle-blowin' freights rattling the room every twenty minutes. I'm getting Olive Garden for dinner and watching a bad movie at a local -plex. In other words, I MISS YOU!