Wednesday, April 30, 2008

green leaves open their fists

Almost all of the work is in. The MFA band, Steven! and the MFA hip hop group, Funk Attack, played their final shows, in a raucous revel. Then I got sick. I've still got 35 finals to grade, but after that I'm officially transitioning. Next week I'll be on the road to Oklahoma for a wedding. I plan on stopping through Graceland. However, I will not be visiting Elvis Jumpsuits All Access. There's a lilac bush blooming near my house. I typed the word "lilacs" into a word pronunciation tool, but it would not pronounce it. I still don't know whether "lilux" warrants teasing but "bar-rette" is apparently a-ok. Last spring in Bloomington!

Tiny poem from Aracelis Girmay's Teeth:

FIEL

Love me, love me with two hands & no rearview.

No comments: