Friday, February 23, 2007

if this were This American Life i would entitle this program "stories of being 'foiled again'"

Looks like my attempts to go here, to write and read and bicycle and swim, and also to visit my old stomping grounds may be foiled by unfortunate administrative snafus. I won the fellowship, yes, but sadly they may be booked during the only time possible for me to go. Keep your fingers crossed that things will work themselves out.

Last night the MFA basketball team, The Dangling Modifiers, aquitted themselves beautifully but were ultimately denied victory against their opponents, Some Team in Blue Jerseys with a Less Witty Name. I stood on the sidelines and tried to adapt my football cheers (by the time you get out "move that ball," the ball has been up and down the court five times already), and T wore her team colors, even if it was an accident. A had an amazing backwards lay-up, L scored several handy baskets, and dear sweet R blocked like the fierce woman we all know she is, even if she's usually too polite to show it. I wish I had pictures.

Thank goodness art openings for 4-year-olds can't be foiled. Tonight I will witness the debut of the masterwork, "No Good Things or Bad Things Ever Happen." I can't wait.

No comments: