Monday, February 19, 2007

escapes

All of my belongings are walking away from me lately. I think perhaps they are trying to tell me I need to be less invested in things that tie me to the material world. First the phone adventure, and now my school ID has headed for the hills of Ohio in the company of a wandering minstrel. Hopefully it will come back to me through the good ol' P.O. in the near future so the gym won't charge me exhorbitant rates to use the services I already pay exhorbitant fees to use. Speaking of the gym, there's been a rash of children there lately. The other day I saw a little girl walking very deliberately, head down, in front of her mother on the treadmill (collective "ohhhh...") and today two little boys were scaling the railing I use for barre work. They climbed all around me and then there was apparently some sort of falling out, because the chubbier boy said, "well, you'll never get to be king, then." This warmer weather is nice, but the resulting floods of slush make it mandatory for me to wear my moonboots to the gym. This entry has been brought to you by the adjective: whimsical.

No comments: