Monday, October 30, 2006

i feel like i know her but sometimes my arms bend back

Oh Stove, you're going to addict me to this thing.

Neko Case makes me feel like I should be hanging out at the Road House from Twin Peaks. Shaking my hips back and forth and twirling cherry stems like Audrey. It's very very warm out and I should be sitting outside, but I won't be able to see my computer screen. So instead: soft light and mint green variegated walls. Looking at a man with a waxed moustache (for reals) and a woman who once taught me Pilates. Both employees.

I would like to work out the vagueries of my thoughts on unreliable narration post-research into scholarship of The Remains of the Day, but I have a feeling that work had best be done within a paper form. So off I go to be productive.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for picking the creepiest line. Now I have to sleep with the lights on! (Remember when I really did have to do that?)

It's outrageous how few people will pick up on a Twin Peaks reference these days.