Monday, June 19, 2006

Up North

It's cold in Montpelier, finally, after the storm that blew the breezes from the river up. Miciah's furniture is all nicely arranged in her new living room that is so full of plants it inspires me to be better about getting and buying them. There are mermaids clothed in turn of the century frock-coats and holding parasols over the mantel. I really love river towns, especially ones in old, gentle landscapes akin to that of the Hudson Valley with rolling mountains in layers. But this town is so small that she runs into people literally everywhere we go, and B-town is seeming small enough to me these days. But it's been lovely to have nice coffee in round purple mugs on the porch, to talk all day - four hours accidentally, and now to be reading our journals together in the waning day with the nice music on. If only I didn't have to do the work I've been putting off. In a space like this, though, the work is much easier to do. I'm trying to make mental notes to cultivate this kind of environment on through the year. Please, can I collect you all together?

No comments: