Sunday, June 25, 2006

at the putney school

Last night I saw these amazing mists dividing the verdant mountains. The frogs around the puddle make mating noises that sound like rubber bands. I wished I still knew all the names of the constellations. It's unfortunate that the Hubble has stopped working. The best words I acheived in Boggle were "dais" and "pieta," though someone had the latter. Among the longest was "latest" which I find amusing somehow. The stars here are outstandingly bright and make me want to travel out into Bloomington's open space more often. Everyone here is a Vermonter or is terribly transient or both. It seems to represent the two paths artists much choose between. I mean, not being a Vermonter, but being settled in a vibrant place that's cheap to live. Well, I guess the third path is NYC but everyone knows how I feel about that.

It's beautiful here, an oasis. Someone's utopia.

The kids show up tonight. I have a lot of work to do.

No comments: