Sunday, May 20, 2007

brooklyn is a long cab ride away (in indiana)...oh just google brenda kahn





I'm back in Bloomington and somehow, the moment I got home, I managed to get sick. Some of my Ledig momentum was currtailed by the illness, but today I woke up feeling moderately more human. There is laundry to be done and lawns to be mown and man I need to get back on that thesis. (So I can move on to the next project!)

Here are a few little snaps of where I was. There're lots of good ones C took of the other people there, but I'm starting to feel funny about posting pictures of people on my blog without asking them. So you have to imagine them. Or ask me and I'll show them to you one-on-one.

Oh, and sorry to renege on the book posting deal. It's a long story (or a short story, depending on how you look at it). Basically, my reading dropped off rapidly as my conversations/adventures with the other residents grew. But here's a bit of To the Lighthouse: "The sky stuck to them; the birds sang through them. And, what was even more exciting, she felt, too, as she saw Mr. Ramsay bearing down and retreating, and Mrs. Ramsay sitting with James in the window and the cloud moving and the tree bending, how life, from being made up of little separate incidents which one lived one by one, became curled and whole like a wave which bore one up with it and threw one down with it, there, with a dash on the beach."

No comments: