Sunday, April 01, 2007

Laurel and Seamus came to visit for their birthdays

We saw these:

We ate peppers stuffed with stars. Sometime, I will show you a photograph of those.

They showed me this wonderfully funny animation sequence. And their interpretation of it (note my old kitchen):


We talked about Wittgenstein. Kind of a lot.

We saw Louise Gluck (insert oumlaut) read and she talked about wanting to hear the sound of a poet's mind on the page. I like that thought. I also really liked the first and second sequences of poems she read, the first of which involved horses (voodoo, Laurel says) and a burning field. The second of which involved girlhood and marriage. She proved not as crotchety as we expected.

We ate chocolate-dipped ice cream from the Chocolate Moose.

Laurel and I locked ourselves in the bathroom and sang the Billy Bee song. Everyone else was playing music we didn't know, you see, and singing beautifully and loudly and we didn't want to disturb em.

We had amazing Turkish food (mint in soup!) and I got to hear a story about an exciting but treacherous protest in Paris. Laurel has lots of photos of it on flickr.

We played speed Scrabble.

We ate (yes, we ate a lot) the aforementioned birthday Dutch Baby.

We read Eyeheart Everything aloud. Like this only without the robot and in Bloomington:

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I had a dutch baby today!

And--not crotchety!!

Megan Savage said...

somehow i read that as not "crochet-y," as in you weren't made of textiles. thank goodness for both of those things.