Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Today

  • I read about meter and breath, bump up against old friends, such as"we have given our hearts away, a sordid boon...," and "two vast and trunkless legs of stone," begin to think in iambs again. Get dreamy about being young and lounging about on grassy fields in the Hudson Valley, memorizing from enormous volumes.
  • Stephen Fry demonstrates to me why some people think that the British are more erudite than Americans.
  • Someone I know shows up as a missed connection on craigslist, proving again to me what a small town this really is.
  • I become disillusioned about the politics of the MFA program. Professionalism and art are not mutually exclusive, people!
  • I laugh, because what else is there to do, about Bush's claim that new innovations will help reduce our dependence on foreign oil: "bicycles!" say I, "legs!" says V.
  • I decide I really need to learn more about Jim Webb.

No comments: