Friday, December 01, 2006

today i am thankful for

good health. And the knowledge that the positive side of the close knit between my mental state and my physical state is that it lets me off the hook for being a miserable wretch these past couple days.

I can't stop listening to Tom Waits' incredible new album(s), particularly the song "First Kiss." Two songs at least on these albums mention Indiana. Holla.

Samrat gave a wonderful reading last night which opened with a sex scene from The Guru of Love in which monkeys interrupt the action delightfully and mischeiviously. His explanation was equally wonderful: I got the two lovers together in the temple and then I didn't know what to do with them. I didn't want to do a traditional love scene. His story "The Wedding Hero" from The Royal Ghosts showed astounding control of time, something which I'm struggling with. It made me grateful again for what I can learn from him.

No comments: